As an empowerment coach, I’ve come to realize that early morning stretch or exercise requires discipline and yoga is a very powerful way to discipline your mind through your body. It has so many benefits including mental health wellness, emotional health balance and so on ..
Yoga is a spiritual, mental and physical practice that has been around since ages. With time, people have discovered quite a number of health benefits associated with yoga. Yoga does more than burning calories, make you flexible and strengthening muscles, it is a workout which involves both body and mind. For me it is one of the most potent way to connect with the divine.
Practicing yoga in the morning has so many great health benefits for your physical,mental and spiritual health.
You are allowed to communicate and unite with your body in your own way.
Yoga gives you all that a gym can, but in a peaceful, safe and more holistic way. It combines aspects of cardio, functional and strength training all in one. What more could you ask for? The best part about this workout is that it can be done at your own pace, in your own home.
Below are a few health benefits of yoga practice
• Boosts metabolism
Yoga helps in retaining the vitality in your body along with keeping it fit. It motivates you towards healthy eating and improves the metabolic system of the body.
• Helps in lowering blood sugar
Yoga not only helps in lowering blood sugar but also lowers bad cholesterol and boosts good cholesterol. It encourages weight loss and improves the body’s sensitivity to insulin.
- Yoga improves strength, mental muscles,balance and flexibility.
- Yoga gives your lungs room to breathe properly
- Yoga gives you inner strength
- Yoga gives you peace of mind
- Yoga helps in increasing self esteem.
- Yoga helps to perfect your posture
- Yoga helps to protect your bone health and your spine.
- Yoga regulates your adrenal glands.
- Yoga makes you happier
- Yoga uses sounds to soothe your sinuses (sound healing).
- Yoga helps you focus
- Yoga helps with back pain, muscle pain relief.
- Yoga benefits kidney, liver and heart health
- Yoga relaxes you, to help you sleep better
- Yoga can boost your energy and brighten up your moods.
- Yoga helps you manage stress
- Yoga helps unite your body and mind.
- Yoga encourages self empowerment and self care
- Yoga is best for mental and emotional wellness
If you’re a passionate yoga practitioner, you’ve probably noticed some of the above yoga benefits—maybe you’re sleeping better or getting fewer colds or just feeling more relaxed and at ease. But if you’ve ever tried telling a newbie about the benefits of yoga, you might find that explanations like “It increases the flow of prana” or “It brings energy up your spine” fall on deaf or skeptical ears.
However, I hope you learn to enjoy the practice and lifestyle of true spirituality by incorporating daily dose of stretch, freestyle yoga flow for the spirit soul and body.🧘🏽♂️
Watch some of my freestyle yoga flows below. Like, share and subscribe if you enjoyed it.
Happy new and prosperous year Royalties !